Recruiter of female Indian innovators to receive mentoring
Seeking creative, networked individual to work with the IC² Institute (The University of Texas at Austin) in Delhi area during February and March, 2018 to recruit female innovators to receive mentoring.
Position overview: Identify promising female entrepreneur university students in Delhi and in other regions of India and collect application materials from those seeking free training and mentoring, which will include workshops and support in both New Delhi and Austin.
Larger project overview: The IC² Institute, in conjunction with the US Department of State, will provide advising, training, and support to 20 female university students who are interested in commercializing innovative ideas. The students will be selected from universities in India and may be in undergraduate or graduate studies. Selected students will attend an information session at the Nexus Startup Hub at the American Center in New Delhi. Following that, the students will take an online course related to commercializing their innovative ideas and will be mentored via distance by female executives from the US. Next, the students will participate in an intense 3-day workshop in New Delhi. Finally, the students will spend June 19-29 at The University of Texas at Austin (UT), joining a group of UT students to strategize further on markets and commercialization for the innovations.
- Full-time work during February and March
- Arrange meetings and speak with leadership at Delhi-area universities serving women in science and technology; describe the project and request access to potentially interested students. Examples of target sites: Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW); Women’s colleges of Delhi University (e.g., Lady Shri Ram College, Indraprastha College, Lady Hardinge Medical College, etc….); etc.
- Distribute information to universities and contacts in other regions of India (e.g., Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, etc.)
- Distribute information and hold information sessions at target universities; follow-up with potentially interested students.
- Collect application materials from interested students. Goal: 100 or more applications. Applications will be accepted from university students with innovative ideas that could be commercialized.
- Professional experience related to commercialization of innovation
- Active professional network among educators in the Delhi region
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and engage with applicants
Email a detailed letter of interest and resume to Ms. Debra Dzwonczyk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The IC² Institute is a unit of The University of Texas at Austin, focusing on entrepreneurial wealth creation. The impact of the Institute on the Austin economy has been well-documented. IC² global programs include over a decade of successful work in India enabling innovators to create job- and wealth-creating international enterprises (>$814M in enterprise revenue in India in 8-year period).